Facts about Digital print and Vehicle graphics
Commonly asked questions:
- What is digital printing? Digital Printing can produce graphics never before attainable through traditional processes. Our digital printing technologies allow us to offer you a cost effective high-quality printing process with brilliant colours. This printing process is typically utilized for Vehicle signs, individual’s signs or Short to medium runs on substrates.
- Material used to print on (Substrate)? Digital print material like vinyls, decals, PVC Banners, Corflute’s, Plastic, Alupanels, Perspex and so much more...
- How long does my print last? We have to consider all key factors when determining how long a print will last when it is displayed. Four primary factors limit the years of the prints life: Light (SUN), Temperature, Airborne pollutants, and Humidity.
- How long is Warranty on your prints: 1 year warranty on all prints, not matter what substrate used, except magnets!
- Vehicle signs: Graphics can be applied to parts of the vehicle or the entire vehicle (wrap) The best distance to view vehicle graphics is approx 2 metres . Keep in mind this is still all done by hand!
- Cut lettering (different to digital print) solid vinyl cut out applied to your vehicle.
- How to prepare a vehicle to be sign written? All vehicles have to be clean, FREE of dust, mud, oil, and car polish! If your vehicle is not clean, and our installers need to clean it, a charge will be incurred.
- How will the vehicle sign look? Prints are designed to be looked at from a distance and not close up. Whilst we apply the graphics in our workshop, there is not such as a “Dust free environment” available, and some dust might be trapped in your prints.
- How to care for your Vehicle graphic? It is best do hand wash and only use over the counter car wash detergent. Avoid power brushes, power hoses, and automatic car washes.
- Window One way vision: Rear windows and some side windows are covered with one way vision, which are covered with a laminate to be able to see trough. We print the image onto this material however; due to the perforation in the material your image loses some vibrancy. Some drivers might find the one way vision destructive, (depending on angle of window) and getting used to it might be a challenge.
- Will the graphic damage my paint job? When applied and removed correctly it does not damage the vehicle. In fact it protects your paint job.
- How to remove the graphics? The graphics are heated up and peeled off. This should be done by a professional
- How long will it last? Usually from experience, Graphics can last between 3-5 years, BUT also here are to consider all key factors, the sun, Humidity, Pollutants and and where your car is used (near the sea level, mines, earthmoving etc.)
- What can cause a vehicle Graphic to fail? Car was Waxed prior to installation, wrong material used, Wrong maintenance of the graphics (high acid cleaners)
- How long is the Warranty on your Vehicle signs? If supplied or installed there is no difference. A one year warranty on all our signs.( exept magnets)